VagiSense® is an easy-to-use home vaginal infection screening test that helps you differentiate between a possible vaginal yeast infection and a bacterial/parasitic infection so that you can get the appropriate treatment.
You may use VagiSense® if you are of menstruating age and have any of the following symptoms:
• Normal or excessive vaginal discharge
• Vaginal itching or vaginal burning
• Vaginal discharge with abnormal colour or unpleasant odour
These symptoms could be due to a vaginal yeast infection, but could also be caused by a bacterial or parasitic infection. Vagisense can help you determine whether you have a vaginal yeast infection or an infection that requires treatment from a healthcare professional.
VagiSense - Vaginal Infection ScreeningTest
• Wash and dry your hands.
• Unwrap the individual VagiSense® test (swab). If the swab is damaged or the swab tip is stained, dispose of the test and use a new one.
• Make sure that the swab tip does not come into contact with anything before insertion into the vaginal entrance.
• Hold the VagiSense® test with your fingers on the handle of the swab.
• Separate the vaginal outer layer skin so the vagina is exposed.
• Insert the yellow tip of the VagiSense® test until your fingers reach the outer skin of the vagina (approximately 5 cm into the mid-vagina) and rotate the swab several times. Do not touch the vaginal entrance.
• Withdraw the VagiSense® test from your vagina. Carefully avoid the tip coming into contact with anything, and check that it has collected a visible amount of secretion.
• Wait 10 seconds. Check the tip of the VagiSense® test for colour changes from yellow to blue or green. Note: if any blood stain appears on the VagiSense® test, disregard the results.
• Dispose of the VagiSense® test after usage as you would with any other feminine hygiene product.
• Store in a dry place at room temperature
• Keep out of reach of children
• Do not use if foil wrapper is damaged
• If you are pregnant, consult your healthcare professional before using Vagisense
• Read package insert carefully before using this product
• Do not freeze
• For in vitro diagnostic only
1) To ensure valid results, do not use VagiSense® in any of the following conditions:
(a) It is less than one day before or the day after your period
(b) There are signs of menstruation or any vaginal bleeding
(c) It is less than 12 hours after sexual intercourse or vaginal douching.
2) Do not insert the swab deeper than the handling point.
3) Do not use VagiSense® to test for sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV, chlamydia, herpes, gonorrhea or syphilis.
4) Do not use VagiSense® until 72 hours after the application of vaginal preparations like contraceptive creams or lubricants.